Hello wonderful human beings, how are you today? I am 25 and feeling fine. Feeling great actually. Yesterday was my birthday and I had a lot of fun, Brandon and I have celebrated every day of the week so I really cannot complain.
As part of my birthday week I want to make a post related to turning 25. I gave it a lot of thought and decided to make about things I’ve learned and things I want to do, so here it goes.
25 things I learned while being 24
- If I let them, people will continue to push me around.
- It is okay to remove toxic people from my life.
- Simple things (like the rain) can make me happy.
- Sometimes dancing in the kitchen is all I need to feel better.
- There is nothing wrong about having a lazy day.
- I love baking.
- I don’t like wearing jeans.
- Having pink hair is awesome.
- I have awesome friends.
- Cleaning the house isn’t as bad as I thought.
- I like cookies and ice cream.
- It is okay not to care about calories.
- Food tastes better when I grow it myself.
- Before taking advice from someone, think about who the person is.
- It is good to have childlike wonder.
- Make up is optional
- And so is shaving.
- Being married is pretty awesome.
- My cats love me unconditionally.
- The best way to meditate is the way that works best for me.
- Grounding myself with the earth is a necessity, having the time to do it is a luxury.
- There is no need to be doing something every single hour of the day.
- Selfcare is not selfish.
- Setting and keeping boundaries is essential.
- It is easier to fall asleep when cuddling Brandon.
25 things I want to do before turning 26
- Open my own business.
- Publish at least one book.
- Learn how to make chicken pot pie.
- Get through a whole cook book.
- Make my own notebooks.
- Finish a whole year of bullet journaling.
- Learn ASL (american sign language).
- Read the entire book of all works of Edgar Allan Poe.
- Learn how to bake bread.
- Get better at yoga.
- Read a book per week.
- Learn to ask for help when I need it.
- Create a selfcare routine and use it.
- Become someone that works out every day.
- Find work outs that are fun and I enjoy.
- Learn more about being self-sufficient.
- Beat Brandon and Pokemon.
- Live more minimally; use what I own before buying new stuff
- Finish painting the wall in the living room.
- Stop being afraid to share my art.
- Learn more about the things Brandon enjoys.
- Try a haircut I’ve never had.
- Learn new art skills.
- Learn about living in a more ecological way.
- Be proud of whom I am.
I’ve honestly had an amazing birthday and I am very glad to have yet another year with my sweet love.
I will continue to celebrate for the rest of the week, until next time, do something that makes you happy and share your love with everyone.